Join the Executive business matchmaking platform in the Furniture, Interior & Finishing industries in east & central Africa 05- 07 March, 2020
FINTEX is an international Furniture, Interior and finishing expo in Ethiopia, which is acknowledged as an ideal networking platform for the sectors development. FINTEX 2019 achieved a remarkable business opportunities for exhibitors and potential buyers in the East and Central Africa’s largest market.
After a fruitful edition of the 2019 expo and conference, FINTEX 2020 proved to be a preferred meeting place for key industry players from all over the World operating in the Furniture, Interior Design and Finishing products, technologies and innovations.
Ethiopia is the largest economy in east and central Africa.
Ethiopia is the fastest growing economy in Arica and the 4th in the world (according to IMF 2018 report), besides being one of the few real investment destinations in Africa. The country had an average of 10.3% GDP growth from 2004 – 2015 (World Bank).
There are tangible indicators that reveal the future development of Ethiopia is becoming brighter. Forecast of real GDP growth stands at 8.5% in 2018 (IMF 2018); According to forecasts by the British Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the country will score real GDP growth between 7.8 and 10.0 percent for 2019 to 2023. This is a success, since on average only half of this figure is likely to be achieved in sub-Saharan Africa, and Ethiopia is the undisputed leader in East and central Africa anyway. The service sector is developing at least as well as industry, benefiting from the demand of a population of over 100 million, which has been almost completely undersupplied, and from prospering tourism.
Being a seat for African Union, United Nations Economic Commission of Africa (UNECA) with its 20+ agencies, Pan African Chamber Commerce and Industries (PACCI), 120+ diplomatic missions, various inter-governmental organizations and many other international companies’ regional offices, the capital city, Addis Ababa, is the political Hub of the continent and one of the top diplomatic cities in the world.
- The fastest growing economy in Africa and 4th in the world (IMF 2018)
- Forecast of real GDP growth is 8.5% in 2018 (IMF)
- Forecast of real GDP growth between 7.8 and 10.0 percent for 2019 to 2023 (EIU)
- 3% GDP growth per year from 2005/06 to 2015/16 (World Bank)
- Largest economy in East and Central Africa
- Ethiopia aims to achieve middle income status by 2025
- 105+ Million (World Bank 2017)
- 2nd largest population in Africa
- 12th Largest in the world
- 4% growth rate
- Construction industry in Ethiopia accounts for half of the entire nation’s economy.
- The construction industry is increasing in a high rate in major cities such as Addis Ababa.
- Hotel and conference center development showed a high pick in the recent decade. With it the demand for furniture, interior design, décor, finishing materials and related technologies has increased.
- Fast growing market in residential sector both in private and public developments has been documented. This led to apartment housing life style in cities that is paving way for furniture and interior design technologies.
Current under construction developments in the capital city of Ethiopia
6 five star hotels
29 Three star hotels
14 Four star hotels
21 one star hotels
79 Guest Houses
05 March, 2020: 10:00am – 06:00pm
06 March, 2020: 10:00am – 06:00pm
07 March, 2020: 10:00am – 04:00pm
For sales inquiries:
For visitors inquiries:
Prana Events is a full-service expo management, marketing and consulting firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The company is established with an aim to support the expo industry with Knowledge, technology and solutions. Under the strong leadership of the founder and Managing Director - Mr. Nebeyu Lemma, who has a decade of expertise in managing international trade fairs and conferences, the company is staffed with young, hardworking and creative professionals that have high value and talent for their appointed position..Learn More
SHAK_CRUX is an energetic full service marketing & event management company offering a wide range of knowhow & experience. The company follows a strict strategy built on a total commitment to client satisfaction and is unswervingly dedicated to personal service. SHAK-CRUX is being led & managed by a team of high caliber and experienced professionals who passionately believe that every business is unique, organic and requires continual development. Their wide experienced and committed expertise has lead by the Founder and General Manager Aklile Belete.